Jag from Euro Canada Furniture sold us a dinning room set based on a Galaxy Home Furnishing catalog he had in store.

The set was delivered miss-matched by Galaxy Furniture.

The hutch and the buffet boxes say they are of color "brown", while the table, leaves and the 6 chairs have the color on the boxes "cherry".

Not only is the color on the boxes different, but the pieces of the furniture do not match to one another. We now have a dark BROWN hutch/buffet and an ORANGISH with YELLOW streaks table and chairs.

When contacted, immediately after delivery, both Jag from Euro Furniture and Raj from Galaxy Furniture refused to deal with the problem, treated us unpolitely and sent us away to "do whatever you want", they said. Initially they refused to talk to us, saying we have vision issues, but when shown pictures of the boxes that confirmed our "visions", they changed the tone a bit. Not for long, after passing blame from one another and having us *** from work and drive around numerous times with no result, they showed us the door of the store and told us they don't have time to waste with us.

Pictures were uploaded on webshots the day of delivery, so there is no question about this.

We are now short of a good few thousand dollars, humiliated and stuck with an embarassing furniture that we hate even looking at, for a long time and with no solution in sight.

People, do not buy from these scammers, go to the big store chains, at least they will deal with your problems if you go high enough on the corporate chain. These thieves should just go out of business!!!

Who is there to protect the consumers in this country???????????????????????????????????

Had an Experience with Euro Canada Furniture?

Comments

Witham, England, United Kingdom #169756

I had a very similiar scenario with these scammers.

I purchased a table and 6 six chairs from Euro Canada Furniture store: at a price of 900 for the set. The set was to replicate the exact same set the store had in the show room at the time, the only thing we wanted different is the frame of the table. We wanted the frame to be in the same material (wood), but different colour brown instead of black.

The purchase agreement was made at Euro Canada Furniture store located at 11 Arrow Rd, Toronto, ON, Canda.M9N 2L4. We dealt with a sales person by the name of Sunny, who represented himself as the nephew of the owner. Sunny has agreed to the price of $900 for 7 piece set with the wooden brown frame of the table. Sunny took a $200 dollar deposit from me, and told me that the table and chairs will be delivered on Friday June 4th 2010.

There are 2 issues that occurred following the day of purchase. The first issue occurred on June.4th, the original agreed upon delivery date. Delivery was not made on June.4th. On June.4th we conversed and we were told that it is not ready and will be delivered in 2 weeks. In 2 weeks it was not delivered, and we conversed again to only be told that it will be delivered in 3 weeks. This type of conversations went on for 2 month, until July.23. The day before the actual delivery we were told that the set is still clearing customs in Vancouver and that we will get a temporary table. A few hours later Jag (represented himself...

When the table was delivered the second issue was detected, the table was not the one that we ordered. We agreed on a wooden brown frame and glass top. However the frame we had delivered to us was a shiny and plastic looking material. This was not the table that we ordered and it did not meet the same quality standards as the table which was in the showroom of store the, as the frame in the showroom was wooden. I called Jag the next business day to let him know that the delivered table was not what I ordered, however he failed to respond with any solutions. In fact he hang up the phone on me multiple times and when I came to his store to resolve the issue he confirmed that he will not d anything to fix the situation. Now we are out $900 and we have the most cheap looking table, its absolutely disgusting customer service and I do not recommend anyone to deal with these cheaters.